Friday, June 21, 2013

This is what's up :)



I actually got back from Turkana two weeks ago it has just taken a while to give an update. :) I have been quite busy since then. See the earlier post for more about Turkana.

Last week I was helping at a pre-school in the slum that serves many disabled children, whether it be cerebral palsy, autism or deafness. Without this school, most of these kids would be overlooked and ignored. My respect for teachers greatly increased as I was once again struck by the love and patience required. At the school one of my favorite experiences was helping the kids who came to the therapy room.
Jessica is one of the most cheerful people I know. She definitely challenged me to have a better attitude in life! :)

This week I’ve been at an orphanage and school outside Nairobi called Brydges Centre. The children are so bright, very well behaved, and hungry for love. I spent over an hour reading I SPY books with one girl. Yesterday the girls were thrilled when we painted their nails. Tomorrow we are having a “Fun Day” full of sports games and other activities. I don’t want to leave this place.

Brydges Centre
Thank you for your prayers. God has truly guided my time in Kenya and I have been blessed beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment